- When is the best time to schedule a newborn session?
- As soon as possible and before your baby is born if possible!
If you are pregnant and would like to have a newborn photography style session you need to schedule your session about now!
I still I do what is possible to fit last minutes newborn request but sometimes it could be difficult due to other sessions coming up. But if you have your session scheduled in advance, you will be given priority when your baby arrives.
- When is the best time for the newborn session be taken?
- For this session be successful for that style, the best time would be within 5 to 10 days of life. That would be some situations where your baby may have to be photographed days later (hospital stay for example).
But in general situations, the best could be to have your baby photographed as soon as possible after birth since this gives us better opportunities to get those sleepy, curly, sweet shots.
But I do work with open awake eyes shots too!
- When to hire a wedding photographer?
- That is a personal answer since client is the one who decides when to book a wedding photographer… but that are a few things to take into consideration and that will help the client to understand that time does matter when deciding when to book a photographer. Here are some opinions:
Brides.com suggests 6 months while The Knot says 6 to 8 months and byWeddingWire the says 6 months.
I personally say 10-12 months.
The reason is that the top talent will book first, so hiring a wedding photographer close to a year before your wedding day gives you more time and plenty of options. As soon as you pick your wedding day you should start looking for your photographer.
Of course that will be more choices for later days, but the photographer you loved may be booked so you have to start your search all over again.
- Is it ok to bring a pet, props or accessories?
- Yes! Bring along anything that represents YOU (musical instruments, athletic gear, sports jerseys, dancing shoes, purses and pet). Be sure to ask someone to come with you to help you in case you bring a pet.
- Is it ok to bring my friends to my Senior Session?
- Sure, no problem at all! Having friends along is a fun way to make your senior portrait session extra fun and special. We will actually reduce the cost of the session for you and your friend. Bring your friend and take $30 off your portrait session!